SILENT KEY                                               It is with Sadness:                                                 SILENT KEY

Leroy S. Ash – K3JJK

September 17, 1936 – April 4, 2018

Leroy S. Ash (K3JJK), 81, of Harrisburg, PA, passed away on Wednesday, April 4, 2018, at his residence.
He was born on September 17, 1936, to the late Robert and Georgia Ash, in Reading, PA.

Leroy was a member of various firemen’s associations, including the State of PA, Berks County, and the Colonial Park Fire Company.

He was the past local president of CWA- Communication Workers of America, and past president of the Seagull Beach Club, in Cocoa Beach, FL.

He was an amateur radio operator, callsign K3JJK, for 50 plus years. He also was a member of the Quarter Century Wireless Club, the American Radio Relay League, and the Central Pennsylvania Repeater Association.

Leroy is survived by his loving wife of 13 years, Joyce Ash;

his daughters, Arletta Molnar, of Dillsburg, PA, and Tawnia Ash, of Harrisburg;
his sons, Robert Ohse, of Granby, CT, and Terry Ash (with wife Debra) KA3ECQ , of Harrisburg, PA;
step-son, Joel Waltz, of Harrisburg, PA;

sisters, Tina Doerrman, of Reading, PA, and Joanne Portner (with husband Roger), of NJ.
He is also survived by sisters-in-law Donna Eyer, Teresa Farlow (with husband Troy);

nieces Saundra Siering, Sherry Lemon, Chandra Farlow;
nephew Dean Farlow and numerous grandchildren and great grandchildren.

There will be a committal service at the Indiantown Gap National Cemetery, on Wednesday, April 11, 2018, at 2:30pm. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions can be made to the Helen O. Krause Animal Foundation, Inc., 813 S Baltimore St, Dillsburg, PA 17019, or:

The arrangements for the Ash family are entrusted to Jesse H. Geigle Funeral Home. For online condolences:


An employee of AT&T for over 30 years, in that time he worked on the Texas tower project,

Worked at Camp Hero on Long Island and maintained communication at the Commons during the TMI incident.

He suffered with heart disease for the past four years. In the past week he went downhill and was under Hospice care.
Married to his first wife Mary Lou Weiss for 12 years.